So here I am with a lot of catching up to do. It has been 2 1/2 months since I have posted anything and there was a lot that happened in that time. I'll do my best to get you up to date.
I will start with Thanksgiving. We went to Arizona for the week to be with Nate's parents and sister Kelli (and her fiance Chris). Unfortunatly Nate's mom wasn't able to be there with us. His sister Christi was pregnant and she went to San Francisco to be there with Christi. Christi had a beautiful baby girl on December 4th. Mom and Baby are doing great!
We had a lot of fun. We drove and Max was so good. I was nervous about how he would do since he pretty much never stops moving. I thought he might get restless in the car but he was so good. We stopped a couple times and let him run around for a long time. We listened to music and he played with toys. He did insist on having one of us (me) sit in the back seat with him. We left monday morning around 7 and we got to Flagstaff around 4. We spent the night there. Nate's parents are serving a mission in the Pheonix mission home right now. His dad is in charge of all the mission cars so he had to be up in the Flagstaff area to do some inspections. We stayed in a hotel there and then headed to Surprise tuesday morning.
Unfortunately Nate and Max both got sick on the trip. Max just had a runny nose and was a little tired. He slept like a champ. Nate spent a lot of his time in the bath and napping. He didn't join us on any of our outings. We missed him but still had fun. He was able to help dad pigeon proof his house before he got really sick, so that was a good thing. On Wednesday Kelli and Chris came over and spent the night. We made some yummy soup for dinner and played games. It was fun.
Thanksgiving morning we started cooking dinner around 9 and had it ready and eaten by 1. Pretty good for a group of people who have never done Thanksgiving dinner before. Nate's family has some very specific dishes they eat for thanksgiving so we did our best to cook like mom. It all turned out really good I thought. We missed you Mom. We all gained a whole new level of appreciation for what you do.
Friday Kelli came back and we went to the park and walked around. Max loved it. they have a lake with ducks and geese and we fed the birds. Max really liked that. We were there for a couple hours playing and walking. It was so nice. The weather was great. I do love Arizona in the winter. Friday night Kelli and I had a girls night out. We went to Twilight, which we both liked. Then we decided to go to 4 Christmases which was pretty stupid. We stayed up really late talking and laughing. We were gone so long that Nate and Dad did an entire 1000 piece puzzle and went to bed before we got home. It was fun! I love having girls time. Sometimes we girls just need to talk. Thanks Kelli for hanging out with me.
Saturday we hung out some more at home. We went to Petsmart to look at the puppies. They were so cute. Max ran around like crazy and spent some time crawling on the floor. That really grossed me out so I tried to stop him but I was unsuccessful. After that we went to the Library and read stories. Max loved that too. That was his first trip to Library, I was a little bit nervous about taking him to the library and having him pull all the books off the shelves but he did really well. It was fun.
We left sunday morning and made the long drive home. It only took us about 12 hours with 2 really long stops. We figured about 10 hours of driving time. Once again Max was a champion traveler. He even sat in the backseat by himself for a lot of it. He of course doesn't sleep in the car anymore. So he didn't sleep at all on the way down there and on the way home he fell asleep for about an hour at 7pm. He is such a good boy. We are so lucky!
Well, that was our Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun. We miss Nate's parents and siblings. It is hard to have them living so far away. We are thankful for every minute that we get to spend with them. Love you guys!
8 comments:
Sounds fun. Glad you all survived. Please tell Grandpa Peck hello from one of his biggest fans!
What a fun Thanksgiving! We miss you too! Lucy really wants to go to Utah to see everyone. We don't know when we will next make it out.
Awhh.. looks like you guys had fun over the holidays! Max is so cute! How are ya lady?
You are so lucky that he does good in the car. Kayleigh...not so much! What a fun holiday.
Hey Mia, sounds like you guys had a busy couple of months. Good to have ya back and bloggin.
Looks like you guys had such fun! Sure wish I could have been in two places at once. I'm still bummed I didn't get to see Max.. and you and Nate, of course. LOL
Wow! Looks like you've been busy! Happy New year!
Funny how kids can be huh ... we drove from vancouver to slc (14 hours +/-) and on the trip down it took 2 days since Emma would cry and want to get out.
On the way back it took about 16 hours since we learned from our trip on the way down to have one of us in the back!
Speaking of which were planning on coming to utah in Feb! Lets play!
Post a Comment