So we left friday afternoon. Four of us live pretty close to each other (April, Brittany, Alyson and me)so we all drove down together. Katie lives in St. George so she just came over. Rachel lives in L.A., she flew to Vegas and rented a car. Thanks everyone for making time in your busy schedules for some fun girl time. We had a blast. We went to dinner, went shopping, stayed up all night (really until 5 am) talking and laughing. Saturday we woke up and some of us exercised while Aly made breakfast for us. Thanks Aly, it was delicious. Then we all went to see Grafton Ghost Town about 40 minutes outside of St. George. Apparently it was where some of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was filmed. It was really pretty. We had a good time. After that we stopped at a little souvenir shop on the way home and looked around for a while. We stopped on our way into St. George and did a little shopping at the outlet mall. Then it was time for dinner. We went to Benja Thai and Sushi. It was delicious. We all enjoyed it thoroughly, even Britt who didn't like Sushi until then. She had just never had good sushi. They even brought us out a birthday dessert of sticky rice with fresh mango's and a sweet sauce over the top. It was really yummy. Then of course it was back to the condo to play games, talk, laugh and stay up all night (only until 3am). We drove home sunday. It was a blast. Thanks for a great Birthday weekend getaway girls. Thanks for the many years of friendship and here's to many more!
While the weekend was great, I was also very excited to come home. Nate had been in Chicago the week before. He came home friday at 11:30am and I left around 1pm. So we didn't get a whole lot of time together. I got home sunday around 5:30pm and he left for Chicago again monday morning at 9:30am. That was really hard. I felt bad just sitting on the couch crying as he walked out the door but it was all I could do. So he is home now and he doesn't have to leave again until June so HOORAY! He is so great for letting me get a way for the weekend, even when it cut into our time together. It was a much needed break. Thank you so much Nate. I love you!
9 comments:
Oh my goodness! HOW FUN!!! I'm glad you had such a great get away with the girlies. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday :)!!
By the way, I love the new look of the blog and I love your cute hair!!
Can't wait to see you in 5 Saturdays!
Cute! Love the post. That was so fun. And after all that, I didn't even realize they filmed that movie in Grafton. Hello, space cadet. Love you Mia.
how fun. look at how cute you all are. your parents are the best. hope you are doing well.
Hey! That soudns like fun! I love girls weekends! Funny thing-I have to tell you-my great grandmother lived/grew up in Grafton. She lived in the home that is still standing next to the school/church, it is the Russell home, built by her grandfather. They are currently (I think) restoring it. That's awesome you guys went there!
Maria Sue Peck!!! Congrats on a very delayed birthday. I hate that I missed that, sorry. It looks like you guys had a great time all together again! I miss talking to you. When's a good time?
What a fun time!!! I'm so glad you got to really do your birthday up big. I'm with Kelli.. I love the new look of your blog. (That MaxieBoy is sooo cute!) See you soon! ((hugs)) mom
Haaa... looks like you stinkers had lots of fun! Ya weirdys... :) Cute. How is Katie doing?
My birthday was the 28th, Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun trip, I think I need a girls trip! Good thinking. You look great in all your pictures!
Thanks for the check in the mail, I had totally forgotten about that!
Post a Comment