So, I don't know if you've noticed but I haven't really posted anything since the end of April. I think that was a while ago. I swear I have a good reason. May was really busy. June was ridiculous, let me just say that Nate spent a total of 4 nights at our house in June. July was the recovery from June and then my computer died. And I mean dead, it wouldn't turn on. I figured that wasn't going to be an easy fix. I put off taking it in for a while because I didn't want to know how bad it was. It was bad. Apparently there is a reason for those power strips. My computer had a power surge and fried the whole thing, the power source, the motherboard and the hard drive. I basically had to get a whole new computer. Which is fine because it was under warranty until the end of August. That was really close. Its not fine because I, like an idiot, didn't back up any of my pictures. They are all on the fried hard drive. Fortunately the guy that fixed the computer thinks the data is recoverable, unfortunately it is going to cost a lot of money. So the moral of the story is A): back up all of your important information. B): Put your computer and other essential electronic devices on a power strip. I've definitely learned my lesson.
Anyway, I'm back from the dark ages of no computer and hopefully soon I will have some pictures to post. :) Luckily, I had never taken the time to delete pictures off my camera so I still have all of the pictures from the first of June until now ( roughly 1000 pics) on my camera.
4 comments:
How sad about your computer! Hopefully you will be able to get your pictures back. We need to back up our pictures again. We miss you guys!
I'm so glad you are back from the dark ages. It's been too long!! I have missed the Max stories and the cute pictures to go along with them. I'm hoping you can recover the pictures from your computer. Good luck!! Love you.
I H.A.T.E. computers! Mine died too. But just like you, luckily Ben's whole life is still on my camera, whew! But I need to put them on disks. I'm glad you're coming out of the dark ages. Let's hang out soon, sheesh. We need to have a shower for Ape and go for walks and go swimming. Seriously. Love you.
I'm so happy you're back but feel terrible about your poor computer. Good reminder to back up pictures! There are some downsides to digital photography. sigh
Post a Comment