Max: "I'm so excited to go hiking mom! Are you excited to go hiking mom?"
Mom: "I am excited to go hiking Max! I love hiking! Do you love hiking?"
Max: "I love (nub) hiking mom!"
He was giggling and dancing in his seat. Of course when we actually started hiking he wasn't to interested. We had only walked about 100 yeards when he started asking me for the elevator "alligator". I tried to explain to him that there are no elevators on the mountain. He had it in his head that he was getting a ride up and he is one stubborn boy, so of course I ended up carrying him.
The trail starts off with maybe 1/2 mile of switchbacks. They are west facing so its hot and sandy and hot. Once we got to the top of the switchbacks Max wanted to walk so we hiked and hiked. He was a champ. We made it about half way up the trail and he loved it. He just held my hand and walked, climbed, jumped and ran. We had a great time! We played in the river, looked for deer, saw lizards and hornets, spiders and ladybugs. It was a great hike!
3 comments:
How absolutely darling! I love that you and Max went hiking and LOVE that you took pics of the two of you! You are just the best mom! Love ya girl!
How fun and ambitious!! I absolutely LOVE the pictures you took of you and Max. I can't believe how grown up he's getting. I miss you guys!! Hope to see you in September. Love you.
That looks so fun and you are so brave to go up there by yourself.
Post a Comment