Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Big News!

No...I'm not pregnant.  We had a good week last week.  Max just decided he was ready to be potty trained.  I have tried in the past and he was absolutely not interested.  So I decided I would wait for a while.  Well, Tuesday morning I was watching my niece and nephew (not the day I would have chosen to potty train) and Max told me he needed to pee in the potty.  So I put him in underwear, he had a few accidents that day.  One on wednesday, we even ventured to WalMart and he kept his pants dry the whole time.  One accident thursday, and none friday, saturday or sunday.  Of course Monday was a new week, with more accidents but he's officially out of diapers (except bedtime).  He is so proud of himself.  He beams everytime he makes it. We are so proud of him.  We had been promising him a "really big surprise" when he didn't wear diapers anymore, so on Saturday I took him to the store and let him pick out whatever toy he wanted.  He decided on a "fast car" and a motorcycle. Both of them light up, make noise, move on their own.  They are Cool!  He loves them and he loves showing them off. 

Hooray for Max! 

5 comments:

Erika said...

hooray! What an accomplishment! Way to go Max! When I saw the big news I thought you were pregnant-I'm hoping it'll be soon for you guys!! :-)

Ryan and Amber said...

That's great! I bet that is so nice. I'm not looking forward to the day I have to train 2, but 2 out of diapers will be so nice.

Kelli said...

Hurray for Max! That is so nice that he decided it was time. Such a good boy. That is very exciting. Congrats.

Juli said...

Good job Max! Maybe he can come out and show Chase how it's done. We are still trying to get him trained.

Mama Peck said...

We're so proud of you Max! (and mommy and daddy too!!) Such a happy day when they finally 'get it'. Congratulations!