Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Max is sick!


I can't believe it. Max is sick again. I am having a hard time keeping him well this year. It seems like every other week I am taking him to the doctor for something. He's going to get really sick of seeing us. Anyway, the deal today is he has had a fever of 102-103 since yesterday afternoon. We are going on 24 hours now and I can't get it to break. I have been alternating Tylenol and Motrin and I even gave him a cool bath at 3:00am. Nothing. Needless to say we didn't get any sleep last night. Nate is out of town until friday. Poor Max just wants to be held all the time. I took him to the Dr. this morning and he said his throat looks bad, but the rapid strep came back negative. He sent it in for a culture so we'll see what that says, he's guessing it is a virus and we'll just have to wait it out. I have been practically pooring liquids down him so he isn't dehydrated but his cheeks and lips are getting all chapped. I'm just hoping it breaks today sometime. I can't do another night like that and neither can he. He is so miserable. Any ideas on how to break a fever? I'm desperate.

5 comments:

staci said...

Oh Maria, I feel your pain. We have been sick so many times this winter/spring, it's not even funny. We are now finally getting over yet another round. I have any advice for you other than to keep doing what you're doing. Poor Max. Poor you too. I was up with Brooke for 2 nights straight a few weeks ago. I was one tired mommy!!

Aly Goalen said...

Oh man Mia! I wish I had some advice. I would be calling YOU for advice at this point. I'm sorry. Can I do anything for you? I can bring you some soup tonight???

jkribbit said...

Mia, I can talk you through a simple BodyTalk technic that may help...if you'd like to give it a try give me a call. I'm so sorry Max is sick!

Michelle said...

Hey Maria..of course I don't mind you found my blog..I'm so excited! It's fun to have one more way to get to know people better! I totally feel your pain in your birthday post about being really good at meeting people, but not actually making friends that you would call and chat with. I am going through the same thing, as I'm sure a lot of other mom's and girls in our area are. It's kind of sad we're all so close...but not really very close. Does that make any sense? Anyways, hope you had a wonderful birthday and I hope starts feeling better!

The Hardy Family said...

Maria! Aubree has been so sick too, fever & she has also been throwing up. Uhggg. Since Sunday. So not fun. We put a cold wash cloth on Aubree's head and it really helped.