Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MUSIC



So I have a son who has developed a very definite taste in music. For the most part it is music that I like, luckily. However the music video on Cinderella is a little bit too much sometimes, especially after the 5th or 10th time watching it. So, as many of you may know, Nate is in a band. Yes, I know my 35 year old husband is in a band. He loves it and they are actually really good. So they have a pirate album, CD of pirate music, out called "Rust Monster" (you can check it out at www.gangreneproductions.com ). I had it in the car a couple weeks ago and Max LOVED it! We started out listening to one song over and over and over for several days. We then moved on to another song, and another, and another, etc. I have tried to just not turn on the music when we get in the car, I've tried to turn on other music, I've tried to reason with him (he's 18 months old), I've tried to distract him with food and drinks and toys and other people in the car. Nothing has worked. He cries, he throws things, he screams "MIMI" (music) and I always eventually give in. Don't get me wrong it is good music I think, I just can't take it anymore.

1 comment:

Wanna be farm girl said...

That is so totally cool that Nate is in a band! That rocks! hahaha JD loves music too.....a little too much of the rap...but I am working on him!