Friday, February 15, 2008

My son the couch potato


So I have this set of videos that is supposed to teach Max to read. It is called Your Baby Can Read. I show it to Max 1-2 a day, it just shows a word and says it twice and then shows a picture or video of the word. It sings fun songs and has kids reading the words and acting them out. Max LOVES it! I've been showing it to him for about 6 months now, no he's not reading yet, but he knows a lot of stuff most of which he has learned from these videos. He learned his body parts and some of his animals and what sounds they make from watching this movie. Of course we read a lot too. He loves to read stories we will read for hours sometimes. Anyway, the point is, today I put on "Max's show" after breakfast so I could get some stuff done. He usually watches it while he walks around the couch and picks up toys and moves them to other places in the room. He doesn't usually sit still for any amount of time. Today I put the movie on and cleaned up the kitchen a bit and then came upstairs to do something and Max was just sitting in front of the couch. In a few minutes I heard the credit music and Max having a melt down. I went downstairs and he was running around with the remote whining and saying; "More, More, More!" As soon as he saw me he ran up to me and handed me the remote and pointed to the T.V. I laughed so hard I had to start the movie again for him. Sure enough twenty minutes later we had an exact repeat. (I turned the T.V. off that time.) I've created a monster!

1 comment:

Juli said...

How funny! Lucy is the same way. She watches the same two shows every morning and gets upset if she doesn't get to watch them.