Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

Here is a slide show recap of the weekend. It is easier and takes less space then posting 40 pictures. I hope you enjoy.



Recap of Easter weekend. We had a great weekend. Friday night we took my dad and Lucy and Chase (Rich and Juli, their parents, are on a cruise for a week so my parents are watching them) to the rodeo. We had a lot of fun. Chase was a champ he sat in his car seat and slept through the whole thing. Lucy was really good, she never stops moving but she stayed by Grandpa the whole time. She was a champ and held "it" for a long time. It finally clicked and I asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom and boy did she. She did so good I gave her some fruit snacks. Way to go Lucy! Max was more mobile, he wanted to walk up and down the aisles and climb up and down the stairs and explore the entire arena so we all took turns walking with Max. He was really good he just wanted to see stuff, he's a curious little boy. That was a lot of fun. We got home around 11:00pm and the kids went right to bed.

Saturday we went over to my parents house in the morning for an easter egg hunt. Mom and Sydney had colored eggs earlier that morning. So Sydney got her own easter egg hunt, a little bit harder then the one for the little kids. She helped set up the one for Lucy and Max and then had fun helping them find the eggs. I think everyone had a good time. Max didn't really get why he needed to put the eggs in the basket he just wanted to get one in each hand then run around. Grandma was very patient with him and showed him how to do it. Eventually he just ran around anyway. It was fun to see all the kids playing outside. We haven't done an easter egg hunt since Rob was little so it was fun to get it going again.
Saturday night we got together with my cousin Michael and his wife Erika and their daughter Kayleigh. We went to dinner at Chili's and then the guys went to the Jazz game while the girls (and Max) went shopping. It was pretty fun and the Jazz won so that is always good.

Sunday brought a new baby boy to the Kennard family. Joe and Ashley had their son at 3:07am sunday. Kaden Chase is 8'0" and 21 3/4in. He is super cute. Congratulations guys! So we went to church (8:30am church is not fun) and then we went to the hospital to see them. And then it was home for a nap and off to Kennards for Easter dinner. It was a pretty good weekend.

Happy Easter everyone! I am so grateful for this wonderful holiday and the opportunity it gives me to reflect on the Atonement and the blessing it is in my life. I am so grateful for everything it represents in my life. What a beautiful thing it is to know that The Lord loves and cares about me. I am truly blessed beyond words.

5 comments:

jkribbit said...

How excited for Joe and Ashley! Please tell them congrats from the Roger Kennards!

Grandpa Peck said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us in pictures and prose. Its great to see M. Omer growing up, walking around and drinking from sippy cup. Nate's losing 10% of himself has done wonders for his slimmage. :)

We miss the days when we were able to attend the Kennard affairs.

Erika said...

I loved the pictures of the hunt, Max looked like he had fun. Thanks for a fun Saturday!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy, It is so fu to see the picture I wuld like to get them on my computer

Emily said...

Maria! I didn't know you were a blogger! Maybe now I can do my visting teaching over blogging...hmmm...kidding. Cute posts!