Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Sick again
So Max started in with a runny nose AGAIN on monday. He didn't take a nap at all, he didn't sleep well that night. Tuesday he was fussier then usual and wouldn't eat anything. Tuesday night was a bad night. He wouldn't go to sleep, his nose was so stuffed up he couldn't breathe. I had vicks on his feet, I had given him a decongestant, I had a night light/ vaporizer in his room and he just coughed and coughed all night. Nate went in to hold him for a while to see if it helped to have his head up a little. That didn't really work because Max just thought it was time to play so he wouldn't sit still and fall asleep. Then at midnight Max coughed until he threw up all over Nate. So I put Max in the tub and Nate cleaned up the mess and took a shower. We finally got Max to stop coughing around 1:00am and he fell asleep for a few hours. He didn't sleep well but he slept some, he woke up at 3:30am and again at 7:30am and finally at 9:00am he woke up crying and cried for the next 2 hours. It was crazy, he's never been like that before, nothing would console him. I tried everything. I called the Dr's office and made an appointment for 11:00am (luckily they could get us in quickly). Turns out Max has a nasty ear infection in both ears, but his lungs are clear thank goodness. While we were at the Dr's office Max just sat on my lap in the waiting room and watched the kids play, this is the boy who won't sit still long enough to get his diaper changed. He was kind of fussy for the Dr. but alright. When we were getting ready to leave I asked Max if he could tell the Dr. "Thank You". Max said the most pitiful "Ti Tu" you have ever heard. Even the Dr. felt bad. It was so sad, I wanted to cry for him. I knew he felt awful. Anyway, the good news is I brought him home gave him his antibiotic and some Motrin and put him to bed and he took a 4+ hour nap and woke up his happy self. Of course he didn't go to sleep tonight until 11:15pm but I'm ok with that. I'm just so happy that he is feeling a little bit better. He is such a good boy, we are really blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I hate when they are sick! The no sleep and saddness that comes with it is a bummer. This morning I feel as if my voice is leaving again, I don't want another cold!
Oh man Mia. The poor little thing! I'm glad you're a nurse and can figure some of these things out. What am I going to do during those all-nighters? Can I call you in the middle of the night? :)
I will not be sad when cold and flu season is over. It feels like we have been sick for 4 months now. It's crazy. Yeah for the first day of spring!
Post a Comment