So I just wanted to take a minute to brag about my son. I know that is all I ever write about but he really is the center of my life. I try to set some time aside for my wonderful husband. He really is so good to me, better than I deserve. Thanks Nate! I love you! Anyway, on with the original topic, I could go on and on about Nate. Another time perhaps.
On sunday night we were at my parents house and we were just sitting in the living room talking after dinner and Max was kind of whining a bit (he was probably not feeling well) so I started singing "Little bunny Foo foo" to him. He loved it and of course I had to sing it several times. On the last time I got to the chorus and said; "Down came the good fairy and she said....what did she say Max?" Max sat there for a minute and looked at me and then said; "Peas" (Please). I laughed so hard I was crying, of course everyone in the room was laughing so that was the end of singing. Max ran around and smiled at everyone, he knew we were laughing at him he just didn't know why. I am always asking Max "What do you say?" or "How do you ask nicely?" I have no tolerance for pointing and screaming when he can say please. I think he is getting the idea.
Another story, I was showing Max "his movie" (your baby can read DVD's) the other day. I usually just put the movie in and then do something i.e. clean the kitchen, make breakfast, pick up toys, etc. This time I put the movie in and I was changing Max's diaper, so I was actually paying attention, Max sat there and watched the opening credits and then the first word is "HI" he said it as soon as it came on the screen before the video said it. The next word is "baby" Max said that one again as soon as he saw it before the video said it. I was stunned. I have no idea how long he has been doing this since I don't pay attention. I don't know if he read the words or if he has the order memorized either way it is pretty impressive I think. He is 16 months old. He is so smart.
He is always learning new words. Today he learned hanger. One of his favorites is 'balloon' of course it sounds more like "boon" and he screams it every time he sees a balloon, even in the grocery story. That has been fun these last couple weeks with Easter balloons all over the place, Max points and screams until I acknowledge that it actually is a balloon and then he moves on to the next balloon. It was really fun in sacrament meeting on sunday. Our chapel is kind of small and our Branch (yes, branch) is really big so we open half the gym for our meeting. Well, someone had let go of a yellow helium balloon in the back of the gym so it was just hanging out there. Max of course spotted it right in the middle of the meeting and started pointing and screaming. Nate and I tried to quiet him down but we didn't know what he was freaking out about so Nate got up to take him out and Max took off running down the aisle pointing and screaming "boon, boon, boon". Nate caught him and took him out, it wasn't until the second time this happened that I saw the balloon and realized what was going on. sheesh
Well, that is enough for now. I am so happy to have Max. He is so much fun. I laugh every day at how smart and fun he is. He loves to play and explore and learn. It is so much fun to just be with him. He is so full of energy and life. It is so fun to see the world through his eyes, things that I don't even see are the biggest deal to him. It is so good for me learn to slow down and look at the world around me and live in the moment. Thank you Max
4 comments:
Hey Mia - yeah, I just barely found your blog through Richard's - which I just found on facebook :) We really do need to get together! Jolynn emailed me a couple weeks ago and mentioned it too. Max is SO cute! I had so much fun playing with him at the family reunion in December - although he wasn't too sure he liked me! :) Let's plan something soon! Love ya!
He is really smart! I just wish Kayleigh would start talking and walking!
Cute! I can totally see him saying "Peas" with a big smile on his face. He's such a happy baby. I love it! Hey, by the way, I saw that you called the other day. But I wasn't sure if it was on purpose. :) Sometimes I get "prank calls" because my name starts with an "A" and I'm at the top of people's phonebooks. Anyhoo, we need to have another girls night soon! Love ya Mia.
Hey Mia, Max is adorable! I hope he's feeling better!! Jana did all the detective work - she found you and then let me know about it. I've got you linked now and of course you can link to me! We will definitely need to plan a cousins party when I get back from NY. My siblings have been talking about it, too. I've got pictures of Jolynn's little boy posted - he's under "Jitterbug." He's a doll too! All these cute babies - I'm jealous! Good thing my cousins are nice and share :)!
Post a Comment